Monday 21 February 2011

SWEET SUMMER WORKSHOP





I said how much I'd enjoyed making the sweet summer squares card, and wanted to do a workshop with a version of it, so I did!

The first picture shows what we made, although we only got to make one of the tealight birthday cakes as we were running out of time.

The colour scheme was Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip, with a little Whisper White. Jayne said how these colours would make lovely baby cards and I have to agree. It's a good job I have plenty of those colours as I'm going to be an Aunty again in August and my Stampin' Up! mummy, Abi, is expecting too. I'm planning to do a baby brag book for my Sister-in-Law, but I'll be using yellow as the colour as it's neutral (she doesn't know if it's a boy or a girl) and it's her favourite colour. Not sure what I'll be making for Abi, but as she reads my blog I'm afraid I won't reveal it until after she gets it.

I was asked to show how to make the calorie-free cakes by one of my ladies who saw them on some of the blogs I have links to. Those talented ladies were shown how to make them at convention, but as I hadn't been able to go I had to work out how they were made from their pictures. I hope I got it right!

Anyway, we all had a great evening, although we missed you Heather! Hope you are feeling better now.

Take care,
Kathy.

No comments: