Wednesday 23 February 2011

Bliss Vase and Card


 I took inspiration from the Stampin' Up! catalogue for this set. For those of you who don't own a copy, you'll find loads of ideas for cards, gifts and home decor in it. It's well worth the money as it has far more project ideas than many magazines for the same price.

Anyway, I loved the vases covered with Elegant Soiree DSP, so decided make my own. Unfortunately I've not been able to find tubular vases (except really expensive ones), but saw some cheap glass tumblers from Asda (£3 for 6). As usual I had to make it difficult for myself as they are tapered, but I had a little think about it and came up with my own hand drawn template.

For those of you who would like to have a go I have finally got a template for the cover on my template page. Please let me know if you can't open it as I'm a total dunce when it comes to techno stuff.

I cut out a template and stamped it all over with the Bliss SAB flourish in Crumb Cake, sponge daubed the top and bottom edges and adhered it to the tumbler with sticky strip. I then stamped and cut out some flowers and the butterfly, added pearl details and stuck them to the tumbler.

The card was made after using the same stamp set and I used some Kraft Tafetta ribbon (sadly retired) for texture. I could have made my own Crumb Cake ribbon with ink, but I had a little left so used that.

I've made this set for my Mum, she had her knee replaced yesterday, and the hospital is a little funny about flowers so she'll have a nice bunch when she gets home next week. At least she won't have to worry about leaving the vase behind, and flowers usually last more than a week, so she can enjoy them for longer.

Take care everyone,
Kathy. x

1 comment:

Zoe Tant said...

Lovely design Kathy. I'm sure they will have cheered your mum up and I hope she got home and has now got the real flowers. Hugs Zoë x