Tuesday 30 August 2011

Button Tree #1


I made this card after I saw a similar tree made by the Artistic Avenger here. I loved it so much I had to make one for myself!

I started off with a triangle of card, then used my trusty Sweet Buttons embosslit to cut out loads of those gorgeous buttons. I started using the largest buttons first, then worked my way down the sizes, filling in the gaps until the whole triangle was filled. I then cut a trunk out (just a rectangle) and added a ribbon bow made with a large brad.

The card was made up with a Top Note die cut, embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper folder, some swirls cut from a Sizzlit I have. The Swirls Scribbles Sizzlit would work great but I don't have that one, yet! I stuck the tree on top of the Tope note panel, then finished off with a greeting.

I was going to then make a demo out of it for my ladies as I knew they'd love it, but I decided to go smaller for them as I realised we'd be there all night just cutting buttons! lol

So, check out my next post in a couple of days to see what we made.

Thanks for looking,
Kathy x.


1 comment:

Vicky Hayes said...

Very clever! I love your monochrome version and the bow finishes the tree perfectly! I'm sure your ladies will love making this! Vx