Thursday 21 April 2011

Plane & Simple #1


I always struggle with masculine cards so when Stampin' Up! brought this set out in their mini catalogue I had to have it! I'm planning for a demo at the end of the month for around twenty people and this is my first design, it'll get tweeked a bit for the night and I need to organise a 3-D item to make as well. Any suggestions in keeping with the male theme?

I kept it simple and let the stamps do the work. The border stamp creates the side panel, to which I added a scallop border. I then simply stamped the plane, punched the corners and added one of the greetings. When the card base is such a dark colour I like to add an insert and I stamped the goggles in one corner.

The colour combination was Early Espresso, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla.

I think I'll try a little distressing, maybe some texture and adding a contrasting colour to my next attempts. Once I'm happy with the projects I'll be making up the 20 kits, so that should keep me out of mischief for a while!

Take care,
Kathy. x

No comments: