Thursday 14 January 2010

Tin Challenge



One of the members of Abi's Stampers 10 group has challenged us all to decorate a tin in anyway we wanted, there is a prize for the best one! I've had this tin for quite a while now & every time I've gone to decorate it I've been stumped. With the deadline looming I finally bit the bullet & did what I could with it!

It won't win any prizes for originality but it does fit the candle I decorated with Rub-ons. I wrapped the candle in some gold tissue paper (left over from Christmas) & popped it into the tin.

I covered the tin with some Kraft cardstock which I inked the edges with a Sponge Dauber & Close to Cocoa ink. I then got out my favourite stamp set, Baroque Motifs, I used Chocolate Chip ink first then the new Whisper White Craft Ink all over. A little Choclate Chip ribbon with a tag finishes it off.

Supplies:

Stamp Sets - Maroque Motifs, Best Yet
Ink - Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa & Whisper White Craft
Card - Kraft & Chocolate Chip
Punches - Tag & 1/8" Circle (hanf held)
Ribbon - 1/4" Grosgrain in Chocolate Chip
Accessories - Hidden Garden Blossoms Rub-ons
Adhesives - Sticky Strip & Snail
Candle, tin & tissue paper

I've done some other matching gifts as I was so pleased with this project, but you'll have to wait for another post (or two) to see what I came up with.
Kathy x

1 comment:

butterflyamanda said...

i love this what a fab idea to put a candle in it your a genius!!! good luck with my challenge!