Saturday 30 January 2010

Bashful Blue Card Candy


I love giving card candy as gift to my crafty friends. For those of you who don't know what card candy is it's an American term term for card toppers.

In the past I used to pay a fortune for this type of thing until I found the joy of making my own! I used a variety of stamp set for their greetings & my growing collection of punches. I added some brads & pearls from the Pretties Kit to give them a lift & gave a false enamelled look on a couple with the new Crystal Effects.

Supplies:
Stamp Sets - Flight of the Butterfly, Circle Circus, Punches Three, Oval All, Fresh Cuts
Ink - Bashful Blue, Kraft in Whisper White
Card - Bashful Blue & Whisper White
Punches - 1-3/8" Circle,1-1/4" Circle, Scallop Circle, Scallop Oval, Large Oval, Butterfly, Scallop Square, Boho Blossoms, 1/16" Circle (handheld)
Accessories - Brads in Bashful Blue, Pearls from Pretties Kit, Crystal Effects, Embossing Powder in White
Tools - Heat Tool, Paper Snips
Adhesives - Snail, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

The Scallop square topper has a chocolate hidden behind it, so it really is card candy!

Thanks for looking,
Kathy.

No comments: