Wednesday 23 September 2009

Carte Postale Necklace & Earrings

I've made this set before the Carte Postale stamp set retires forever! Only 2 more weeks so if you love the set, get it now while these's 25% off!

I used the same technique for this necklace as for the first one, I just changed the colour, stamp & punch shape.

This time I made matching earrings, they were simply punched out using the Boho Blooms punch, sticky gems were added & enamelled on both sides. I then used super-glue to fix them to earring posts ( you'll find them online or in my case my local craft shop).

I also used jewelery findings for the clasp, not sure if I like having to fiddle with them (I'm all fingers & thumbs) but if I'm giving them as gifts I'll do it this way.

Having loved making these jewelery projects I've given in & ordered a melting pot! For those of you who don't know what that is, it heats UUTE in a pot & I can then dip my stamped shapes in, let them cool down & hey presto, done! Can't wait for it to arrive so I can play! lol

Once I've perfected the technique I'll also be designing some gift packaging for my creations so they'll look pretty. So keep popping over to see what I come up with! :)

Thanks for looking!
Kathy.

No comments: