Sunday 8 November 2009

Silent Night - Thumping Technique

This card uses the "Thumping Technique", no I haven't been getting violent, It's a way of inking your stamp with several different colours to get a mottled effect.

I did this with 3 shades of green for the trees & here's how:

First I coloured the church with Close to Cocoa Stampin' Write marker, shading with a little Chocolate Chip. I then inked my trees with the lightest shade of green, I then moved on to the mid green & held the marker at the far end & tapped randomly over the trees with the flat of the brush nib (do you understand what I'm getting at?). I finished off with the darkest green, just a few thumps here & there. It's a fab way of getting a realistic finish to your stamped image.

I used:
Stamps - Silent Night & Punches Three
Ink - Old Olive
Stampin' Write markers - Earth Elements & Rich Regals
Card - Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Punches - Scallop Square & Scallop Oval
Accessores - Gold Brads

You might have noticed the lovely greeting panel, it's from the Punches Three Level 1 Hostess set. I adapted the Scallop Square design by stamping the image, punching it out & then cutting around the greeting. I layered it onto a Scallop Oval & finished it off with a couple of gold brads.

Hope you like it,
Kathy.