Sunday 31 October 2010

Black & White Workshop

On the same night we showed off our challenge cards, we made these two cards.
I'd gone all monochromatic that night, sometimes I find it easier to go that way, it saves me having to think up a colour scheme!

The lovely church was from the now retired Silent Night set, you might be able to see from the photo that we decoupaged the church & added an acetate "bubble" stamped with Serene Snowflakes to protect the layers.

The other card used the Night & Day DSP, also retired. I punched out two scalloped circles, cut into the centre of each & concertina folded them to create the flower, punched flowers & a brad covers the messy centre. This flower was inspired by the ones in the new Idea Book & Catalogue. I love the sentiment from the Occassional Quotes (Hostess Level 3) set, it just finished the card off nicely!

Take care,
Kathy. x

No comments: